Search this site
I work with the geoarchaeology of old stone: quarries, monuments, rock art. And I try to figure out about their weathering, and conservation using traditional crafts. I am also burning lime the traditional way. My domestic services are managed through FABRICA, a registered Norwegian company established with good partners. On this website I publish articles on many aspects of cultural heritage. For the joy of old stone! Per Storemyr
Visit FABRICA’s website!
- Opplæring i tradisjonell kalkbrenning i Hyllestad
- Brenning av Mosterkalk på 12-13 timer. Knusing av tidligere rekorder
- Nytt liv for Mosterkalk: Brenning og testing av Vestlandets viktigste kalkressurs i gamle dager
- Fastings Minde i Bergen: Planlagt vedlikehold med vestlandsk tradisjonskalk etter en hard vinter
- De blå flammers natt: Brenning av Smillamarmor i Hyllestad
Popular right now
Find posts by Google Maps
SOAPSTONE! New book on its archaeology and history!
Book: The Stones of Nidaros Cathedral
Get informed! State of the Art on natural stone today:
Tag Archives: Gebel Manzal el-Seyl
Looking for old quarries in Egypt’s Eastern Desert means that you are not only walking in the footsteps of ancient quarrymen, but also of archaeological geologist Jim Harrell. Jim has crisscrossed the Eastern Desert and found several very important quarries … Continue reading