Search this site
I work with the geoarchaeology of old stone: quarries, monuments, rock art. And I try to figure out about their weathering and conservation. My domestic services are managed through FABRICA, a registered Norwegian company established with good partners. On this website I publish articles on heritage. For the joy of old stone! Per Storemyr
Visit FABRICA’s website!
- Selja kloster: Hvor kom middelalderens kalkmørtel fra?
- Firmaet mitt er nå del av FABRICA.no / My company is now part of FABRICA.no
- Kinn kirke: et utstillingsvindu for devonsk sandstein
- Happy New Year to clients, partners and followers! With photos from work and excursions in 2018
- Burning sea shells to make quicklime
Popular right now
Find posts by Google Maps
SOAPSTONE! New book on its archaeology and history!
Book: The Stones of Nidaros Cathedral
Visit Millstone Park in Hyllestad, Norway
Get informed! State of the Art on natural stone today:
Tag Archives: lime
Burning sea shells to make quicklime once was a great tradition in the North-Atlantic region. In Millstone Park, Hyllestad (W-Norway), we have built two limekilns, reviving old lime burning traditions, involving craftspeople, volunteers and the public. Recently we burnt sea shells to make lime paint and mortar! Read about the experiment in a new poster and web article. Continue reading