Search this site
I work with the geoarchaeology of old stone: quarries, monuments, rock art. And I try to figure out about their weathering and conservation. My domestic services are managed through FABRICA, a registered Norwegian company established with good partners. On this website I publish articles on heritage. For the joy of old stone! Per Storemyr
Visit FABRICA’s website!
- Partner in the Borgund Kaupang Project – on the rise and fall of a medieval town
- Selja kloster: Hvor kom middelalderens kalkmørtel fra?
- Firmaet mitt er nå del av FABRICA.no / My company is now part of FABRICA.no
- Kinn kirke: et utstillingsvindu for devonsk sandstein
- Happy New Year to clients, partners and followers! With photos from work and excursions in 2018
Popular right now
Find posts by Google Maps
SOAPSTONE! New book on its archaeology and history!
Book: The Stones of Nidaros Cathedral
Visit Millstone Park in Hyllestad, Norway
Get informed! State of the Art on natural stone today:
Per Storemyr Archaeology & Conservation by Per Storemyr is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Unless otherwise indicated, all content should be attributed to www.per-storemyr.net. Reuse of images by Per Storemyr requires permission.
- Ancient Egypt
- ancient egyptian quarries
- ancient stone quarrying
- building stone
- Cleopatra's Needle
- Cultural heritage
- experimental archaeology
- frost weathering
- Gharb Aswan
- grinding stone
- historic photos
- lime burning
- lime mortar
- Middle Ages
- New York
- Nidaros Cathedral
- old quarries
- rock art
- ten quarries of ancient egypt
- Wadi Abu Subeira