Search this site
I work with the geoarchaeology of old stone: quarries, monuments, rock art. And I try to figure out about their weathering and conservation. My domestic services are managed through FABRICA, a registered Norwegian company established with good partners. On this website I publish articles on heritage. For the joy of old stone! Per Storemyr
Visit FABRICA’s website!
- Selja kloster: Hvor kom middelalderens kalkmørtel fra?
- Firmaet mitt er nå del av FABRICA.no / My company is now part of FABRICA.no
- Kinn kirke: et utstillingsvindu for devonsk sandstein
- Happy New Year to clients, partners and followers! With photos from work and excursions in 2018
- Burning sea shells to make quicklime
Popular right now
Find posts by Google Maps
SOAPSTONE! New book on its archaeology and history!
Book: The Stones of Nidaros Cathedral
Visit Millstone Park in Hyllestad, Norway
Get informed! State of the Art on natural stone today:
Per Storemyr Archaeology & Conservation by Per Storemyr is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Unless otherwise indicated, all content should be attributed to www.per-storemyr.net. Reuse of images by Per Storemyr requires permission.
- Ancient Egypt
- ancient egyptian quarries
- ancient stone quarrying
- building stone
- Cleopatra's Needle
- Cultural heritage
- experimental archaeology
- frost weathering
- Gharb Aswan
- grinding stone
- historic photos
- lime burning
- lime mortar
- Middle Ages
- New York
- Nidaros Cathedral
- old quarries
- rock art
- ten quarries of ancient egypt
- Wadi Abu Subeira