Search this site
I work with the geoarchaeology of old stone: quarries, monuments, rock art. And I try to figure out about their weathering, and conservation using traditional crafts. I also burn lime the traditional way. My domestic services are managed through FABRICA, a registered Norwegian company established with good partners. On this website I publish articles on many aspects of cultural heritage. For the joy of old stone! Per Storemyr
Visit FABRICA’s website!
- Den 25. kalkbrenningen i Hyllestad. 5 år med «hjemmebrenning» og bruk av Vestlandets tradisjonskalker
- New paper in new book: The ancient game traps across Lower Nubia
- Siste testbrenning av Mostermarmor før bygging av storkalkovn i Mosterhamn
- Å brenne «Kongens marmor» fra Marmorøyen i Bergen
- Operasjon Dagsverk 2021: Tradisjonsbrenning av kalk med skoleungdom
Popular right now
Find posts by Google Maps
SOAPSTONE! New book on its archaeology and history!
Book: The Stones of Nidaros Cathedral
Get informed! State of the Art on natural stone today:
Tag Archives: cave castle
Switzerland is renowned for its castles and castle ruins, remnants of the feudal Middle Ages. A time when we may not have wanted to live! At least not as common people. But sometimes we may question whether life was much better for the nobility, for society’s elite. Take a look at the remains of Kropfenstein castle, pinned to a vertical cliff in Surselva (Grisons), hardly accessible, away from the nearest village. Great place for a special holiday, you might think – but would you have liked to reside here, year in, year out? – With photo gallery. Continue reading