Search this site
I work with the geoarchaeology of old stone: quarries, monuments, rock art. And I try to figure out about their weathering and conservation. My domestic services are managed through FABRICA, a registered Norwegian company established with good partners. On this website I publish articles on heritage. For the joy of old stone! Per Storemyr
Visit FABRICA’s website!
- Selja kloster: På leit etter kildene til den beste muresteinen
- Partner in the Borgund Kaupang Project – on the rise and fall of a medieval town
- Selja kloster: Hvor kom middelalderens kalkmørtel fra?
- Firmaet mitt er nå del av FABRICA.no / My company is now part of FABRICA.no
- Kinn kirke: et utstillingsvindu for devonsk sandstein
Popular right now
Find posts by Google Maps
SOAPSTONE! New book on its archaeology and history!
Book: The Stones of Nidaros Cathedral
Visit Millstone Park in Hyllestad, Norway
Get informed! State of the Art on natural stone today:
Tag Archives: el-Aqba el-Saghira
The number of discovered Late Palaeolithic rock art sites in Wadi Abu Subeira (Upper Egypt) is ever increasing, now with finds also outside of the wadi, at el-Aqba el-Saghira. Archaeologist Adel Kelany of the Ministry of Antiquites (MAS) in Aswan has just published an overview paper, now listing ten sites, all with numerous panels. The largest site has a much as a hundred ones. As previously noted on this blog, this world-class rock art is under heavy pressure from modern mining, though efforts to protect the sites have shown some effect recently. Continue reading