Search this site
- Taken by the frost! The beauty and destructive force of ice growth on masonry
- The world’s northernmost medieval marble church
- Frostforvitring på kulturminner: Bilder av et fenomen få har dokumentert og formidlet
- Burning the beaches. Happy New Year from the Faroe Islands!
- Værnes: Norges mest komplette sandsteinskirke fra middelalderen
Popular right now
Find posts by Google Maps
SOAPSTONE! New book on its archaeology and history!
Book: The Stones of Nidaros Cathedral
Visit Millstone Park in Hyllestad, Norway
Get informed! State of the Art on natural stone today:
Tag Archives: frost heaving
After 28 years of working with weathering of cultural heritage, I have finally seen it “live” and photographed it: How the force of ice can destroy plaster on stonework. It is more diverse than I though. A complex and fascinating … Continue reading