Search this site
- Experimental archaeology: Building a “classic”, intermittent limekiln and burning marble at Millstone Park, Hyllestad, Western Norway
- Update after long absence – follow on facebook
- Happy New Year from the most beautiful old quarry in Western Norway!
- Geoarchaeology of the famous ancient amethyst mines in Wadi el-Hudi, Egypt: Desert heritage at risk
- Værnes: Norges mest komplette sandsteinskirke fra middelalderen
Popular right now
Find posts by Google Maps
Follow me on
Min nye bok! Klikk på bilde for info. Og hvor kan den kjøpes?
Get this book! (click on pic)
Get informed! State of the Art on natural stone today:
Tag Archives: Grünenfels
Ten days ago winter arrived in the Swiss Alps with massive snowfall. Subsequent temperature increase and intensive rainfall led to major floods, avalanches and destruction of infrastructure such as villages and roads. Such events sometimes also affect old buildings and … Continue reading
Switzerland has a wealth of medieval castle ruins. In the Canton of Graübunden they are particularly numerous with, for example, the valley of Vorderrheintal (Surselva) displaying no less than about 50 ruins. Some are almost gone, others are kept in … Continue reading