Search this site
- HOTMIX! Nybrent Hyllestadkalk leskes og testes som restaureringsmørtel på Stavanger domkirke
- Was Nidaros Cathedral built from stone extracted in a large underground Medieval quarry?
- New open-access book: Soapstone in the North. Quarries, Products and People. 7000 BC – AD 1700
- “Nidaros: The Portland Cement Cathedral” (Baker Memorial Lecture)
- Forvitring av kleberstein på middelalderkirker – to videoer
Popular right now
Find posts by Google Maps
Follow me on
SOAPSTONE! New book on its archaeology and history!
Min nye bok! Klikk på bilde for info. Og hvor kan den kjøpes?
Get this book! (click on pic)
Get informed! State of the Art on natural stone today:
Tag Archives: Grünenfels
Ten days ago winter arrived in the Swiss Alps with massive snowfall. Subsequent temperature increase and intensive rainfall led to major floods, avalanches and destruction of infrastructure such as villages and roads. Such events sometimes also affect old buildings and … Continue reading
Switzerland has a wealth of medieval castle ruins. In the Canton of Graübunden they are particularly numerous with, for example, the valley of Vorderrheintal (Surselva) displaying no less than about 50 ruins. Some are almost gone, others are kept in … Continue reading