Search this site
I work with the geoarchaeology of old stone: quarries, monuments, rock art. And I try to figure out about their weathering, and conservation using traditional crafts. I also burn lime the traditional way. My domestic services are managed through FABRICA, a registered Norwegian company established with good partners. On this website I publish articles on many aspects of cultural heritage. For the joy of old stone! Per Storemyr
Visit FABRICA’s website!
- Den 25. kalkbrenningen i Hyllestad. 5 år med «hjemmebrenning» og bruk av Vestlandets tradisjonskalker
- New paper in new book: The ancient game traps across Lower Nubia
- Siste testbrenning av Mostermarmor før bygging av storkalkovn i Mosterhamn
- Å brenne «Kongens marmor» fra Marmorøyen i Bergen
- Operasjon Dagsverk 2021: Tradisjonsbrenning av kalk med skoleungdom
Popular right now
Find posts by Google Maps
SOAPSTONE! New book on its archaeology and history!
Book: The Stones of Nidaros Cathedral
Get informed! State of the Art on natural stone today:
Tag Archives: Grünenfels
Ten days ago winter arrived in the Swiss Alps with massive snowfall. Subsequent temperature increase and intensive rainfall led to major floods, avalanches and destruction of infrastructure such as villages and roads. Such events sometimes also affect old buildings and … Continue reading
Switzerland has a wealth of medieval castle ruins. In the Canton of Graübunden they are particularly numerous with, for example, the valley of Vorderrheintal (Surselva) displaying no less than about 50 ruins. Some are almost gone, others are kept in … Continue reading