Search this site
- Historien om et saghus i Gudbrandsdalen: Produksjon av kleberstein som ildfaststein til smelteovner
- Taken by the frost! The beauty and destructive force of ice growth on masonry
- The world’s northernmost medieval marble church
- Frostforvitring på kulturminner: Bilder av et fenomen få har dokumentert og formidlet
- Burning the beaches. Happy New Year from the Faroe Islands!
Popular right now
Find posts by Google Maps
SOAPSTONE! New book on its archaeology and history!
Book: The Stones of Nidaros Cathedral
Visit Millstone Park in Hyllestad, Norway
Get informed! State of the Art on natural stone today:
Tag Archives: Grünenfels
Ten days ago winter arrived in the Swiss Alps with massive snowfall. Subsequent temperature increase and intensive rainfall led to major floods, avalanches and destruction of infrastructure such as villages and roads. Such events sometimes also affect old buildings and … Continue reading
Switzerland has a wealth of medieval castle ruins. In the Canton of Graübunden they are particularly numerous with, for example, the valley of Vorderrheintal (Surselva) displaying no less than about 50 ruins. Some are almost gone, others are kept in … Continue reading