Search this site
I work with the geoarchaeology of old stone: quarries, monuments, rock art. And I try to figure out about their weathering and conservation. My domestic services are managed through FABRICA, a registered Norwegian company established with good partners. On this website I publish articles on heritage. For the joy of old stone! Per Storemyr
Visit FABRICA’s website!
- Julekalkbrenning for Fortidsminneforeningen – et bidrag til bygningsvernets økologi
- Rock art and red-coated bedrock in Alta, Arctic Norway
- Steinmysteriet i Stavanger domkirke. Hvor kommer klebersteinen i koret fra?
- Om «Soknakrossen» på øya Sokn i Rogaland. Steinkrossen kom nok fra Hyllestad!
- Hyllestad Millstone Quarry Landscape
Popular right now
Find posts by Google Maps
SOAPSTONE! New book on its archaeology and history!
Book: The Stones of Nidaros Cathedral
Get informed! State of the Art on natural stone today:
Category Archives: Ruins
Switzerland has a wealth of medieval castle ruins. In the Canton of Graübunden they are particularly numerous with, for example, the valley of Vorderrheintal (Surselva) displaying no less than about 50 ruins. Some are almost gone, others are kept in … Continue reading
As probably one of only very few monuments globally, the ruined Selja medieval abbey off the westernmost coast of Norway is built from a metamorphic olivine stone (dunite) rich in talc. The combination of a hard olivine matrix and soft … Continue reading