Search this site
- “Nidaros: The Portland Cement Cathedral” (Baker Memorial Lecture)
- Forvitring av kleberstein på middelalderkirker – to videoer
- Experimental archaeology: Building a “classic”, intermittent limekiln and burning marble at Millstone Park, Hyllestad, Western Norway
- Update after long absence – follow on facebook
- Happy New Year from the most beautiful old quarry in Western Norway!
Popular right now
Find posts by Google Maps
Follow me on
Min nye bok! Klikk på bilde for info. Og hvor kan den kjøpes?
Get this book! (click on pic)
Get informed! State of the Art on natural stone today:
Tag Archives: olivine
As probably one of only very few monuments globally, the ruined Selja medieval abbey off the westernmost coast of Norway is built from a metamorphic olivine stone (dunite) rich in talc. The combination of a hard olivine matrix and soft … Continue reading