Search this site
- HOTMIX! Nybrent Hyllestadkalk leskes og testes som restaureringsmørtel på Stavanger domkirke
- Was Nidaros Cathedral built from stone extracted in a large underground Medieval quarry?
- New open-access book: Soapstone in the North. Quarries, Products and People. 7000 BC – AD 1700
- “Nidaros: The Portland Cement Cathedral” (Baker Memorial Lecture)
- Forvitring av kleberstein på middelalderkirker – to videoer
Popular right now
Find posts by Google Maps
Follow me on
SOAPSTONE! New book on its archaeology and history!
Min nye bok! Klikk på bilde for info. Og hvor kan den kjøpes?
Get this book! (click on pic)
Get informed! State of the Art on natural stone today:
Tag Archives: olivine
As probably one of only very few monuments globally, the ruined Selja medieval abbey off the westernmost coast of Norway is built from a metamorphic olivine stone (dunite) rich in talc. The combination of a hard olivine matrix and soft … Continue reading