Search this site
I work with the geoarchaeology of old stone: quarries, monuments, rock art. And I try to figure out about their weathering and conservation. My domestic services are managed through FABRICA, a registered Norwegian company established with good partners. On this website I publish articles on heritage. For the joy of old stone! Per Storemyr
Visit FABRICA’s website!
- Hyllestad Millstone Quarry Landscape
- Ny rapport: En studie i saltforvitring når klimaet forandrer seg: Albanustårnet på Selja kloster 2016-2020
- Selja kloster: På leit etter kildene til den beste muresteinen
- Partner in the Borgund Kaupang Project – on the rise and fall of a medieval town
- Selja kloster: Hvor kom middelalderens kalkmørtel fra?
Popular right now
Find posts by Google Maps
SOAPSTONE! New book on its archaeology and history!
Book: The Stones of Nidaros Cathedral
Visit Millstone Park in Hyllestad, Norway
Get informed! State of the Art on natural stone today:
Tag Archives: Millstone Park
Burning sea shells to make quicklime once was a great tradition in the North-Atlantic region. In Millstone Park, Hyllestad (W-Norway), we have built two limekilns, reviving old lime burning traditions, involving craftspeople, volunteers and the public. Recently we burnt sea shells to make lime paint and mortar! Read about the experiment in a new poster and web article. Continue reading