Search this site
I work with the geoarchaeology of old stone: quarries, monuments, rock art. And I try to figure out about their weathering and conservation. My domestic services are managed through FABRICA, a registered Norwegian company established with good partners. On this website I publish articles on heritage. For the joy of old stone! Per Storemyr
Visit FABRICA’s website!
- Partner in the Borgund Kaupang Project – on the rise and fall of a medieval town
- Selja kloster: Hvor kom middelalderens kalkmørtel fra?
- Firmaet mitt er nå del av FABRICA.no / My company is now part of FABRICA.no
- Kinn kirke: et utstillingsvindu for devonsk sandstein
- Happy New Year to clients, partners and followers! With photos from work and excursions in 2018
Popular right now
Find posts by Google Maps
SOAPSTONE! New book on its archaeology and history!
Book: The Stones of Nidaros Cathedral
Visit Millstone Park in Hyllestad, Norway
Get informed! State of the Art on natural stone today:
Tag Archives: Wabern
Working with the Berne Minster Workshop on mapping the quarries used for the cathedral, I visited the Wabern quarry just outside the city centre yesterday. Though it is unclear to what extent it was employed for the cathedral in the Middle Ages, it is a most remarkable quarry: For it was reused as a brewery for “Gurten Beer” from the 1860s on. Since I have noted the link between stone extraction and beer drinking through history (see last part of this story), I thought I ought to post the photo above of a wonderful old horse cart with a beer barrel remaining in the quarries. Continue reading