Search this site
I work with the geoarchaeology of old stone: quarries, monuments, rock art. And I try to figure out about their weathering, and conservation using traditional crafts. I also burn lime the traditional way. My domestic services are managed through FABRICA, a registered Norwegian company established with good partners. On this website I publish articles on many aspects of cultural heritage. For the joy of old stone! Per Storemyr
Visit FABRICA’s website!
- Den 25. kalkbrenningen i Hyllestad. 5 år med «hjemmebrenning» og bruk av Vestlandets tradisjonskalker
- New paper in new book: The ancient game traps across Lower Nubia
- Siste testbrenning av Mostermarmor før bygging av storkalkovn i Mosterhamn
- Å brenne «Kongens marmor» fra Marmorøyen i Bergen
- Operasjon Dagsverk 2021: Tradisjonsbrenning av kalk med skoleungdom
Popular right now
Find posts by Google Maps
SOAPSTONE! New book on its archaeology and history!
Book: The Stones of Nidaros Cathedral
Get informed! State of the Art on natural stone today:
Tag Archives: Borgund Kaupang
My company is proud partner in the Borgund Kaupang Project (2019-2023), on the rise and fall of a “lost” medieval town. The project is coordinated by the University of Bergen and financed by the Norwegian Research Council. Together with Alf Tore Hommedal, my task is to source building materials such as marble, soapstone and lime for mortar and to interpret the whole building process, from quarries to churches. Thanks a lot to project manager Gitte Hansen, Therese Nesset and a great international team for a fine kick-off meeting in Ålesund last week! Continue reading