Search this site
I work with the geoarchaeology of old stone: quarries, monuments, rock art. And I try to figure out about their weathering, and conservation using traditional crafts. I am also burning lime the traditional way. My domestic services are managed through FABRICA, a registered Norwegian company established with good partners. On this website I publish articles on many aspects of cultural heritage. For the joy of old stone! Per Storemyr
Visit FABRICA’s website!
- Operasjon Dagsverk 2021: Tradisjonsbrenning av kalk med skoleungdom
- Opplæring i tradisjonell kalkbrenning i Hyllestad
- Brenning av Mosterkalk på 12-13 timer. Knusing av tidligere rekorder
- Nytt liv for Mosterkalk: Brenning og testing av Vestlandets viktigste kalkressurs i gamle dager
- Fastings Minde i Bergen: Planlagt vedlikehold med vestlandsk tradisjonskalk etter en hard vinter
Popular right now
Find posts by Google Maps
SOAPSTONE! New book on its archaeology and history!
Book: The Stones of Nidaros Cathedral
Get informed! State of the Art on natural stone today:
Tag Archives: Borgundkaupangen
My company is proud partner in the Borgund Kaupang Project (2019-2023), on the rise and fall of a “lost” medieval town. The project is coordinated by the University of Bergen and financed by the Norwegian Research Council. Together with Alf Tore Hommedal, my task is to source building materials such as marble, soapstone and lime for mortar and to interpret the whole building process, from quarries to churches. Thanks a lot to project manager Gitte Hansen, Therese Nesset and a great international team for a fine kick-off meeting in Ålesund last week! Continue reading